NBC Chicago posts link to its morning newscast stream — 12 hours early
By Matt Collins Article may include affiliate links
WMAQ, the NBC O&O in Chicago, tweeted a link to its live stream encouraging viewers to watch its 6 a.m. newscast — but it was about 12 hours early.
- The tweet was posted by social media platform SocialFlow at 5:59 p.m. Monday, July 15, 2019.
- It appears that the social media team is using SocialFlow to preschedule posts — and someone picked “p.m.” instead of “a.m.”
- The alternative is that it was supposed to read “p.m.”
- It’s likely that the “5:59” time is selected so the tweet goes out just before the newscast starts.
- Either way, the link appears to function and directs users to the station’s live stream page, which would have been showing live programming at 6 p.m. local time.
- The station airs live news from 4 to 7 a.m. every weekday.
— NBC Chicago (@nbcchicago) July 15, 2019