NBC may offer Peacock streamer for free to anyone
NBCUniversal is reportedly considering offering an ad-supported free version of its upcoming streaming offering Peacock, set to launch in 2020.
Read full story »
- Although NBCU parent Comcast had originally planned on making it free to its cable and broadband subscribers, CNBC reports that the company is considering a free tier for anyone who wants it.
- The product would also have an ad free version but it would require a monthly fee.
- Comcast is reportedly also considering ways to give people who pay for Comcast or other pay TV channels added benefits, though nothing has been decided.
- NBC declined to comment to CNBC.
- If Peacock does offer a free version, it would be the first major network backed video on demand streaming service to do so.
- NBC News runs a separate live streaming service, NBC News Now, that is also free and ad supported.