NBC News plans ‘Space is Awesome’ stream to mark lunar eclipse
By The MixDex Wire Article may include affiliate links
Timed to the total lunar eclipse, NBC News’ “Space is Awesome” digital special will take a broad look at space and why it still remains a mystery to the many scientists who study it:
- Simone Boyce, a new host of the upcoming NBC News streaming network, will anchor the show.
- A panel of scientists will discuss why the eclipse occurs and its history.
- Boyce will interview Princeton University-based female astrophysicists and professors about how they are making waves in a male-dominated industry.
- Guests will discuss the proposed “Space Force” and the role it could play in international space relations, as well as the future of American space travel, according to NBC.
- As a social exclusive on NBC News social channels, Justin Chapple, culinary director for Food & Wine, will taste-test and discuss space food with Boyce.
- The “Space is Awesome” digital special is part of NBC News Digital’s effort to experiment with programming for a streaming news network. Simone Boyce is a new host for the network, along with executive producers Christine Cataldi and Erica Fink.