NBCU’s ‘Clear the Shelters’ pet adoption campaign is returning
By Matt Collins Article may include affiliate links
NBCUniversal’s “Clear the Shelters” pet adoption campaign will return to over 180 NBC and Telemundo stations.
- The annual event stems from a 2014 partnership in Dallas between KXAS and KXTX that resulted in 2,200 animals being adopted in one day.
- 160 markets will participate this year, including NBCU’s 42 owned and operated NBC and Telemundo affiliates.
- NBC and Telemundo stations owned by Capitol Broadcasting Company, Dispatch Broadcast Group, Hubbard Broadcasting, Nexstar Broadcasting Group, Raycom Media and Tegna Media, among others will all take part.
- In each market holding the event, stations will team up with local pet rescues to raise awareness and hold pet adoption events.
- On Telemundo stations, the name “Desocupar Los Albergue” is used.