New Orleans radio station terminates personality
By The MixDex Wire Article may include affiliate links
- At issue is a retweet from the station’s official account that used a homophobic slur to refer to Dunlap, who is openly gay.
- The retweet was quickly removed and Dunlap made moves to sue the station for what he claimed was years of a hostile workplace.
- However, the station’s internal investigation found that the retweet was allegedly posted from Dunlap’s phone.
- The station passed this information along to the city’s police department, alleging that Dunlap had demanded $1.8 million in exchange for dropping a lawsuit against the station.
- Shortly after the incident, Dunlap said he went on paid leave from the station.
- However, the station ended that leave and fired him Oct. 31, 2019.