One of Trump’s banks is set to move into old CNN space
By Matt Collins Article may include affiliate links
In an interesting coincidence, one of the banks that is the target of a Congressional request for Donald Trump’s financials is taking over the space occupied by Trump’s least favorite cable network — CNN.
- CNN and its parent WarnerMedia has left Time Warner Center on Columbus Circle.
- The company is relocating to 30 Hudson Yards.
- Meanwhile, Deutsche Bank which, along with Capital One, has been ordered to turn over certain financial records connected to Donald Trump, will move into the space come 2021.
Deutsche Bank will take over much of the 1.1 million square feet that WarnerMedia is leaving.
- The 25 year lease calls for Deutsche Bank to take over all but the 20th floor of the building.
- As part of the deal, once the move is complete, Deutsche Bank will also gain the naming rights to the building, which will become the Deutsche Bank Center.
- The new location represents a downsizing in square footage for Deutsche Bank, which currently is at 60 Wall Street.
- The building is also across the street from property owned by Trump.
- Deutsche Bank had reportedly been considering leasing space in Hudson Yards, but ultimately inked a deal last year to become a major tenant in Time Warner Center.
- Time Warner Center and CNN were the target of suspicious packages in October 2018, which triggered the evacuation of the building.