Original host of ‘House Hunters’ has died
By Matt Collins Article may include affiliate links
The original host and voice of HGTV’s “House Hunters” — who narrated the (apparently dramatized) pickiness of homebuyers has died.
- Suzanne Whang, who hosted and narrated the show from 1999 to 2007, died at 56.
- A Facebook post from her partner, Jeff Vezain, chronicled her 13 year battle with breast cancer.
- After leaving her role on “House Hunters,” Colette Whitaker took over for one year and Andromeda Dunker provides the voice now.
- The show typically no longer has an on camera host.
- “House Hunters” has grown into a mega hit for HGTV and spawned numerous spinoffs.
- It also has racked up almost 2,000 episodes — with new and reruns airing frequently on the network.
- In addition to her work on the HGTV show, Whang also appeared in shows such as “Las Vegas” and “Two and a Half Men.”
- HGTV responded to the news with a condolence post.
- TV Industry News
- Broadcast Engineering News
- Broadcast Design News
- TV Talk Shows
- TV Syndication
- TV Advertising
- TV News Jobs
- TV Industry Mergers and Acquisitions
- TV Anchors
- Cable News
- Late Night TV
- TV Syndication News
- Broadcast Industry News
- TV News Drone Journalism
- TV News Augmented Reality
- TV Weather Forecasting
- TV News Journalism
- TV News Ethics
- OTT News
- News About NBC
- News About CBS
- News About ABC
- News About CNN
- News About MSNBC
- News About Fox News