Pennsylvania celebrates ‘1-4-3’ day for in honor of Mr. Rogers
By MixDex Article may include affiliate links
Pennsylvania has declared May 23, 2019, “1-4-3” day in honor of Pittsburgh broadcasting icon Fred Rogers.
- May 23 is the 143th day of the year.
- The numbers 1, 4 and 3 were a “code” Rogers used to stand for “I love you.”
- Rogers used the numbers for this phrase because they correspond with the number of letters in each word of it.
- Rogers’ show, “Mr. Rogers Neighborhood” was filmed in Pittsburgh prior to his retirement and death.
- Pennsylvanians, meanwhile, are being encouraged to mark the day with acts of kindness.