Police arrest Columbus station’s chief meteorologist on child pornography charge
By Matt Collins Article may include affiliate links
A Columbus TV meteorologist has been charged with pandering sexually oriented material involving a minor.
- Mike Davis, who is the chief meteorologist at WBNS, was arrested Sept. 5, 2019 at his home.
- According to law enforcement sources, investigators are looking into thousands of images that date back years.
- In its coverage of the case, WBNS posted a boldfaced paragraph reading “Mike Davis has been employed at 10TV for 31 years. We will cover this story with the same ethical standards we would any other case.”
- Sources alleged that Davis both sent and received images and that officials have found one image of a prepubescent girl engaged in a sex act — but there are likely more.
- The station reached out to his attorney for comment.
- Davis declined an interview request from the station.
- Davis was arraigned Sept. 6 and released from jail, but surrendered his passport and must stay in the county.