PromaxBDA changes name, boosts focus on entertainment marketing
By MixDex Article may include affiliate links
Promax is rebranding with a new logo, official name change and reoriented focus on entertainment marketing.
- The organization, which was officially known as PromaxBDA, is dropping the “BDA” part that stands for Broadcast Design Association.
- Promax and BDA merged in 1997, while Promax itself has been around since 1956.
- The word “Promax” was originally invented as a melding of the phrase “promotion and marketing executives.”
- The organization also unveiled a new logo, with the word “Promax” in bright blue with subtle “flat shadow” effects added to the “X, which is also merged with the “A” and “M.”
- The tagline “The entertainment marketing community” has also been added.
- Other changes include adding a a focus on digital and theatrical industries.
- Promax will continue to offer its Promxas Europe, Promax Conference, Promax Station Summit and PromaxGames eSports division.