Valerie Harper, who played Mary Tyler Moore’s sidekick Rhoda Morgenstern has died.
- Harper, who starred opposite Moore on “The Mary Tyler Moore Show” was 80.
- She won three Emmys for her role.
- In 1974, she left “Mary Tyler” for a spinoff, “Rhoda.”
- She won another Emmy for her work on that show.
- “Rhoda” aired until 1978.
- Harper was diagnosed with lung cancer in 2019 and experience related health problems over the years.
- In July of 2019, her health began to decline rapidly — and she died Aug. 30, 2019.