On Monday, April 15, 2019, the fourth hour of “Today” ran a countdown leading up to a “fun announcement” — but if you missed it, it’s not really a big deal.
- The countdown ran during the “host chat” segment of “Today with Hoda and Jenna.”
- Savannah Guthrie was filling in for Hoda Kotb next to Hager, who officially joined the show April 8.
- The pair admitted they wanted a countdown “just like Taylor Swift.”
- Spoiler alert: It turns out the big announcement was the debut of an “exercise dance” the pair have been working on.
- The dance will make its “debut” Tuesday during the 8:30 a.m. block of the main “Today” show.
- In the video clip today, the rather anticlimactic announcement is further stifled by a lack of sound effects.