See CBS reporter’s mother’s text to him after seeing him almost get blown away by Hurricane Florence
By Matt Collins Article may include affiliate links
CBS correspondent David Begnaud’s mom wasn’t happy to see him almost get blown away by wind on national TV.
- Begnaud, who is on the ground in North Carolina appeared on the “CBS Evening News” from a live shot location on Radio Island, N.C.
- During the segment, Begnaud can be seen struggling to stand (just like his counterpart Gadi Schwartz of NBC, who was stationed nearby).
— NewscastStudio (@newscaststudio) September 14, 2018
- Later that night, at 10:35 p.m. local time, Begnaud received a text from his mother that he tweeted.
- “Why are you always in the worst location?” she asks him.
- “I just watched your evening piece and “JUST DONT GET IT (sic) followed by five emojis.
- When Begnaud tweeted a screen capture of the text, he added “I knew it was coming. A text from MOM. Goodnight.”
I knew it was coming.
A text from MOM.
— David Begnaud (@DavidBegnaud) September 14, 2018