Today is marks the first Friday during the “within a week” promise attorney general William Barr made for the release of a redacted version of the Mueller Report — and the country is abuzz if it will hit later today or over the weekend.
- Barr announced April 9 that he plans to release a redacted version of the report “within a week.”
- If you’re counting calendar days, that period would expire Tuesday, April 23, meaning this weekend is the only Friday and weekend days that could fall within that definition.
- Mueller himself sent the report, in true “Friday night news dump” fashion to Barr on Friday, March 22.
- Many are wondering if the redacted report will be released late April 12 following a similar strategy.
- Some are also wondering, perhaps facetiously, if report will be released Sunday to coincide with the final season premiere of “Game of Thrones” on HBO.