Telemundo Deportes launches first-ever U.S. Spanish-language eSports channel, adds EA Sports
By Matt Collins Article may include affiliate links
Telemundo Deportes announced today it launched the first-ever Spanish-language eSports channel in the U.S. offering fans more than 2,000 streaming hours of content a year featuring exclusive streamers, short-form content and competitions.
- The channel is available via livestream on Twitch.
- The EA Sports FIFA19 Global Series is the first competition to stream on the Telemundo Deportes esports channel presenting exclusive coverage of the entire tournament, including the upcoming events from the Global Series and the Grand Final.
- Live coverage of the EA Sports FIFA19 Global Series begins with the Global Series’ EA FUT Champions Cup, April 5-7.
- The FIFA Global Series will continue through the end of June followed by the exclusive stream of the Grand Final taking place in the summer.
- Telemundo Deportes’ eSports channel is hosted by streamers Sofia Ornelas of Mexico and Juan “El Patan” Sotullo from Argentina.
- The two streamers present daily content and short-form video, including at least eight hours of livestreaming as they play some of the most popular video games.
- Ornelas’ stream features her playing “Overwatch” and “Fortnite” while “El Patan” plays “Rocket League” and also the “EA Sports FIFA 2019” as he competes in the FIFA Global Series.
- In addition to the EA Sports FIFA19 Global Series and the exclusive streamers’ content, Telemundo Deportes channel presents short-form videos, social media coverage and tailored content for television programming, including Premier League and Telemundo Deportes’ long-running sports and entertainment nightly show “Titulares y Mas.”
- Telemundo Deportes has streamed esports in the past including the NBC Sports Group and FACEIT’s Universal Open Rocket League tournament.