‘The McLaughlin Group’ returning to public TV this fall
By Matt Collins Article may include affiliate links
“The McLaughlin Group” is returning to TV.
- The longtime public TV staple started in 1982 and continued until namesake host John McLaughlin’s death in 2016.
- A revival aired briefly on ABC affiliate WJLA in Washington, D.C., starting in 2018 before going online only.
- Now, Maryland Public Television is taking over production of the show.
- MPT serves the Maryland and Washington market.
- Tom Rogan is returning as host.
- Initially, MPT will air the show Fridays at 11:30 p.m. and again Sundays at 11 a.m. starting Friday, Sept. 6, 2019.
- The show is also slated to go into national distribution through American Public Television starting in January 2020.
- It will also be offered on unspecified digital platforms.