Things could be really awkward for CBS Monday
By Matt Collins Article may include affiliate links
With CBS officially confirming that CEO and chairman Leslie Moonves is out, Monday could be an awkward day for his wife, Julie Chen.
- Mooves, who is chairman and CEO of CBS, is facing accusations of sexual misconduct.
- His wife, Julie Chen, hosts the network’s “Big Brother” reality show and “The Talk” daytime talk show.
- “The Talk” is set to debut its ninth season Monday, Sept. 10, 2018.
- The show’s first block typically features a panel discussion on current events that Chen leads.
- CBS has not commented how or if Moonves’ departure could affect Chen or “The Talk.”
- Chen was news anchor on the network’s former morning show “The Early Show.”
- Chen, commenting in July on the sexual misconduct accusations, says she “fully supports” her husband.
- Mooves is reportedly one of the highest paid executives in America, raking in nearly $70 million per year in total compensation.
- Mooves and Chen have been married since 2004.