This CNN anchor helped fill in for Wendy Williams
By The MixDex Wire Article may include affiliate links
- Williams is reportedly recovering from a shoulder injury.
- The syndicated talk show was scheduled to return Jan. 7, but pushed back the date a week, filling Jan. 7-11 with reruns.
- When it was revealed that Williams could not return Jan. 14, the show announced it would return with all new episodes in a panel format.
- Lemon, who is a frequently panelist on “Wendy,” was the de moderator, with his name being announced first and taking the lead introducing the panel.
- Other panel members included actor and comedian and “The Juicy Scoop” podcast host Heather McDonald.
- Variety and Page Six TV’s Elizabeth Wagmeister also served as a panel member.
- Rounding out the panel was Judge Faith Jenkins, who previously hosted “Judge Faith.”
- Lemon also mentioned on air that Williams will return next week and made a joke that it takes four “co-hosts” to replace her.
- The show’s open still used the same theme music but the final scene was modified to include a “Hot Talk Week” graphic in the monitor array behind the photoshoot-style video of Williams.
- The panelists sat in front of the set’s video wall behind the normal panel desk, while a gold “Hot Topics Week” graphic was used behind them.