Watch Mario Bartiromo’s super awkward interview with Donald Trump
By Matt Collins Article may include affiliate links
- During the interview, Trump seemed to ramble on and on, with Bartiromo attempting to interject but failing to take control of the interview.
- Bartiromo also attempted, numerous times, to interject her own knowledge of the various subjects being discussed, but for the most part Trump bulldozed right over her.
- Despite being taped, the interview also seemed to be short on B-roll, which resulted in Bartiromo appearing on camera, next to a phoner graphic of Trump, for awkward periods — where she seemed to either be contemplating what to say next, agreeing with what Trump was saying or glancing off camera.
- At one point, she interjected about Hillary Clinton’s payment for opposition research — “I think it was a million dollars,” she said.
- Throughout the interview, Bartiromo also made both visual and audible cues that she agreed with many of the claims Trump was making.
- Near the second part of the taped interview, Bartiromo appeared to be trying to wrap up the interview, but Trump kept talking.
- The interview was taped outdoors near the U.S.-Mexican border.
- Bartiromo is currently in Los Angeles for the Milken Institude Global Conference and has been hosting her show from an interior location there.