Why Hoda Kotb hasn’t been behind the ‘Today’ anchor desk this week
By MixDex Article may include affiliate links
NBC “Today” co-anchor Hoda Kotb has been off the air Monday and Tuesday — and it turns out there’s a good reason for her absence.
- On the Tuesday, April 16, 2019 edition of the show, her co-anchor Savannah Guthrie “interrupted” the start of Dylan Dreyer’s “Pop Start” segment.
- She then tossed to Kotb, who joined the show via phone to announce that she has adopted another baby girl.
- Named Hope Catherine Kotb, Kotb had apparently kept the pending adoption a secret for some time.
- Kotb adopted Haley Joy Kotb in 2017.
- Kotb is in a long term relationship with Joel Schiffman.
- Willie Geist, who had been filling in for Kotb this week, said he got a “mysterious” phone call over the weekend that his services were needed on “Today.”
- Guthrie, meanwhile, revealed that she found out Monday but kept it a secret until Kotb was ready to announce the adoption.