AMC launching movie streaming service
AMC Entertainment, the company known for owning the movie theater chain with the same name, is entering the streaming world.
- AMC Theatres On Demand will offer about 2,000 titles for sale or rent after theatrical runs complete.
- Disney, Warner Bros., Universal, Sony and Paramount all have signed on.
- Pricing will be between $3 to $5.99 to rent and $9.99 and $19.99 to buy.
- The move comes as the movie theater industry tries to find new revenue streams.
- AMC offers a subscription movie service that let customers see up to three movies per week for $19.95 a month.