CBS names four correspondents ‘dedicated’ to ‘CBS This Morning’
With the “new chapter” of “CBS This Morning,” the show will not only have a mostly new anchor team, but also four correspondents assigned to the show.
- David Begnaud, Jericka Duncan, Anna Werner and Vladimir Duthiers, all existing CBS correspondents, are being “dedicated” to the program.
- In addition, their work will continue to appear on “CBS Evening News,” CBSN and other CBS programming.
- The team joins Gayle King, Anthony Mason and Tony Dokoupil, who are the show’s core co-anchors.
- Of this trio, only King remains after a major talent shakeup at the network, that includes moving her former co-anchors Norah O’Donnell to “Evening News” later this summer and John Dickerson to “60 Minutes.”
- “Evening News” anchor Jeff Glor was also sidelined in the shuffle.
The four correspondents will have the following assignments:
- Begnaud becomes lead national correspondent.
- Duncan will serve as a national correspondent.
- Duthiers will will deliver what CBS calls “the first look at stories people are talking about each day.”
- Werner has been named consumer investigative correspondent for the show.