Grammys delivers mixed ratings results
By Matt Collins Article may include affiliate links
- The good news is the telecast managed to maintain its total viewership — and even nudge past last year’s numbers.
- All told, initial data shows 19.9 million people watched, compared to 19.8 last year.
- However, the telecast dipped to 8.08 million in the adults 25-54 demo, down from last year’s 8.34 million.
- The data shows that awards shows aren’t the “appointment viewing” they once were, with the Golden Globes down 2 percent this year.
- Of course, everyone has its eyes on the Oscars — which is going hostless this year — and how that will affect ratings.