Julie Chen absent from Season 9 premiere of ‘The Talk’ ‘taking time off to be with her family’
By Matt Collins Article may include affiliate links
Julie Chen, moderator of “The Talk” and wife to now former CBS CEO and chairman Leslie Moonves did not appear on the Season 9 premiere of the show, though the rest of the co-hosts did address the story.
- Chen remains in the show’s open, but when the hosts entered the studio, she was missing — leaving only four co-hosts.
- Sharon Osborne, seated to the left of Chen’s normal position, made the “bittersweet” announcement that Chen would be taking time off to spend time with her family.
- Eve, meanwhile, sat in the chair normally occupied by Chen.
- In addition, “The Talk” is — somewhat conveniently — trying out a view guest co-host format this season.
- The rest of the normal co-hosts, including Sara Gilbert and Sheryl Underwood, all appeared on the episode and all four hosts at times became quiet and emotional when the topic of Moonves came up.
— TVNewsMix (@TVNewsMix) September 10, 2018