Something really pissed off Norah O’Donnell at the beginning of today’s impeachment trial special report
By Matt Collins Article may include affiliate links
And here's the inevitable GIF… pic.twitter.com/lLkqmz6rpT
— TVNewsMix (@TVNewsMix) January 21, 2020
- O’Donnell was anchoring the network’s special report Jan. 21, 2020.
- Before the report started, a wide shot showed O’Donnell on the new set the network built in Washington, D.C. with in-studio correspondents and analysts.
- The control room then cut to a one shot of her against one of the studio’s large video walls.
- Just before cutting to a pretaped extended open, O’Donnell can be seen looking off camera angrily and pointing to something off camera.
- It’s not immediately clear what she was gesturing at, but she apparently thought the open had already started to run.
- Possibilities range from one of the monitors that show what’s on the air or feeds from the Senate floor or someone was in her eye line.
- We’ve reached out to insiders at CBS to see if anyone can shed light what happened in the studio.