Tribune cancels three shows
By MixDex Article may include affiliate links
Tribune Broadcasting is canceling three shows it produces.
- “Morning Dose,” “News Fix” in Dallas and the late evening newscast on the company’s station WDCW in Washington, D.C., are all ending.
- “Morning Dose,” which is produced from Dallas, also aired on six other Tribune stations and produced under a partnership with Dose Media.
- Staff members from all three shows will be affected.
- All three shows failed to meet ratings and revenue expectations, Tribune said in a statement.
- Meanwhile, Tribune will double its 90-minute morning newscast on WPHL in Philadelphia and launch a three hour morning newscast on KIAH in Houston.
- Tribune also touted plans for new studios and sets at WDAF in Kansas City.
- The company is also breaking ground on a new facility for KFSM and KXNW in Arkansas and invested in a “stormproof” building for KFOR in Oklahoma City.