Apple execs said to be ‘thrilled’ over TV+ launch
Sources say that Apple execs are “thrilled” with the early performance of Apple TV+ and its key shows, reports The Hollywood Reporter.
Read full story »
- Apple, like other streamers, doesn’t release detailed breakdowns on signups or viewership.
- However, THR’s sources say the four highest profile series, “The Morning Show,” “See,” “Dickinson” and “For All Mankind,” delivered “millions” of viewers over the launch weekend.
- It’s important to note Apple TV+ is free for the first seven days, plus users who buy select Apple devices also get a free year.
- Sources tell THR that the average time spent on the platform was “over” and hour for each viewer.
- The sources also say that early adopters appear to be sticking around, with viewership growing by “triple digits” from Friday to Saturday and Saturday to Sunday.