Verizon giving subscribers free year of Disney+
Verizon will give select customers a free year of Disney+ when it launched this November.
- The bundle will be available to Verizon wireless unlimited customers and new Fios and 5G home internet customers.
- Customers who took advantage of Disney’s early bird offers and are also eligible under Verizon’s offer will even be taken care of — any pre-orders will be “paused” until the free year expires.
- Verizon Disney+ subscriptions will be eligible for viewing on any platform, not just Verizon connected mobile devices.
- The agreement means that Disney+ will be able to instantly gain millions of subscribers.
- Disney+ is presumably hoping that a portion of subscribers stick around after the first year — and pay.