Bianna Golodryga out at CBS (act surprised!)
By Matt Collins Article may include affiliate links
- “Bianna Golodryga has decided to leave the network. We thank her for her many contributions during her time here at CBS News and wish her the very best in her future endeavors,” read the statement.
- Golodryga lasted less than six months on “CBS This Morning,” which is reportedly poised for an overhaul.
- Co-anchor Gayle King is said to be on the cusp of signing a new deal with then network.
- Meanwhile, reports have indicated the network may move co-anchor John Dickerson to “60 Minutes” and Norah O’Donnell to “CBS Evening News” and then rebuild the show around King, so Golodryga’s departure could be the first step in that series of shuffles.
- Golodryga also served as a contributor to CNN during her time at CBS and is expected to continue in that role.
- Golodryga disappeared mid-show Monday for jury duty, according to what Dickerson said on air.
- Reports surfaced Tuesday that she was leaving the network, though CBS remained mum and she was announced as being “off” on Tuesday’s broadcast.
- On Wednesday, however, no explanation for her absence was given, though there was an awkward joke about Dickerson going “over there with Colbert.”
Read full story »