‘Bill Hemmer Reports’ scores big in debut
By Matt Collins Article may include affiliate links
Fox’s new “Bill Hemmer Reports” scored big in the ratings.
- The show’s debut Jan. 20, 2020 hit, 269,000 viewers.
- This handily beat both CNN and MSNBC with 199,000 and 164,000 viewers, respectively.
- It also delivered “double digit” percentage increases over typical “Shepard Smith Reporting” ratings.
- The show replaced “Fox News Reporting” at 3 p.m. eastern, which in turn replaced “Shepard Smith Reporting” after Smith announced his surprise departure from the network in 2019.
- The network continued originating the show from the “Fox News Deck” in Studio H, but with new graphics and other updates.
- In addition to beating out its timeslot competitors, 269,000 viewers also topped every one of CNN’s primetime program.
- Of course, it’s not uncommon for shows to get a slightly ratings boost when a new host, name or format is unveiled before numbers level off down the road.