CBS launches L.A. CBSN streaming news operation
By MixDex Article may include affiliate links
CBS Television Stations and CBS Interactive today announced the launch of CBSN Los Angeles, the second of the company’s local direct-to-consumer streaming news services in major markets across the country.
- CBSN Los Angeles features 24/7 anchored programming, coverage of live breaking news events in the region, as well as an extensive library of local news content that will be available for on-demand viewing.
- CBSN Los Angeles joins CBSN New York, which debuted in December 2018.
- CBSN Los Angeles’ daily lineup includes live streams of KCBS and KCAL, regularly scheduled newscasts and additional weekday one-hour newscasts at 7 a.m. and 1 p.m. that are produced exclusively for the platform.
- CBSN Los Angeles programming will be led by CBS 2 and KCAL 9 anchors and reporters as well as a team of journalists who will report exclusively for the streaming service.
- CBSN Los Angeles is available through CBSN, on CBSNews.com and on the CBS News apps for mobile and connected TV devices. In addition, the service is available through www.CBSLosAngeles.com and the CBS Local mobile app.
- CBSN Los Angeles and the portfolio of CBSN Local services build on the success of CBSN, the 24/7 streaming news service from CBS News and CBS Interactive that delivers live national and global news coverage and in-depth reporting from CBS News’ team of trusted journalists.
- Launched in November 2014, the platform continues to drive strong and sustained viewership growth, delivering a record nearly 400 million total streams in 2018.
- CBS Television Stations and CBS Interactive will continue the rollout of CBSN Local services in major markets where CBS owns local television stations.
- The CBSN Local services will be ad-supported. They will complement CBS’ other streaming services, CBSN, CBS Sports HQ and ET Live, and will ultimately be included as live channels in CBS All Access in their respective markets.