CBS to pay tribute to late ‘Young and the Restless’ cast member
CBS’s soap opera “The Young and the Restless” will pay tribute to late cast member Kristoff St. John Monday, April 29, 2019.
- St. John, who had been a series regular on the show for nearly 30 years, died Feb. 4 of heart failure. He was 52.
- St. John portrayed Neil Winters on the soap, with his last appearance being the Feb. 6 episode.
- He had received eleven Daytime Emmy Award nominations, two Emmy Awards and ten NAACP Image Awards over the course of his career.
- The show played tribute to St. John Feb. 8, but the producers promised a proper send off later in the year.
- It wasn’t clear earlier how the show would handle St. John’s death.
- Winters’ death will be part of a four episode arc, with the show’s plot picking up the storyline of the characters learning of his death.