CBS’s soap opera “The Young and the Restless” will pay tribute to late cast member Kristoff St. John Monday, April 29, 2019.
- St. John, who had been a series regular on the show for nearly 30 years, died Feb. 4 of heart failure. He was 52.
- St. John portrayed Neil Winters on the soap, with his last appearance being the Feb. 6 episode.
- He had received eleven Daytime Emmy Award nominations, two Emmy Awards and ten NAACP Image Awards over the course of his career.
- The show played tribute to St. John Feb. 8, but the producers promised a proper send off later in the year.
- It wasn’t clear earlier how the show would handle St. John’s death.
- Winters’ death will be part of a four episode arc, with the show’s plot picking up the storyline of the characters learning of his death.