Cleveland station live streams colonoscopy
WKYC, the NBC affiliate in Cleveland, live streamed a colonoscopy.
- The station offered a live stream of a colonoscopy procedure on its website.
- Portions of the live procedure also aired on the station’s newscast as well.
- Anchors did give viewers a head’s up on air.
- The live stream, meanwhile, carried a “viewer discretion advised” tagline.
- Viewer reaction on social media was mixed — with some praising the station bringing attention to the issue of colon cancer screening, while others lamented that the segment “ruined” their dinner.
- The move echos that of former “Today” anchor Katie Couric, who allowed cameras in the room during a colonoscopy in 2000.
- An edited version of the procedure aired on “Today.”
In case you’re in the mood, here’s Couric’s colonoscopy coverage: