Court TV rings closing bell to mark key expansion
By Matt Collins Article may include affiliate links
- The event marked the network’s expansion into 19 new markets.
- Court TV, in its current form, is owned by Katz Networks, which, in turn is part of E.W. Scripps.
- Scripps’ stock is traded on the Nasdaq.
- The network, although similar in content, is technically unrelated to the Court TV that operated from 1991 to 2008.
- Turner Broadcasting, which owned Court TV at the time, changed the name of the channel to truTV in 2008.
- Katz is, however, operating under a licensing agreement with WarnerMedia to use the name.
- The network is available over the air mostly as a digital subchannel in select markets.