Disney+ deal crashes website
After news that Disney+ was selling three years of its premium streaming service for the price of two, the service’s preorder website crashed.
- Disney announced a three year deal priced at $140.97 (prepayment required).
- That puts the equivalent per month price at $3.92, compared to the normal price of $6.99.
- Demand was so high that the D23 website, which was selling the deal, crashed for about three hours.
- Disney was quick to note that the D23 website and Disney+ don’t share the same backend operations, lest anyone be worried about the stability of the streaming platform.
- That said, since Disney+ isn’t live yet and hasn’t experienced the likely initial surge of streaming, there’s no way to tell for sure if that technology will be able to hold up to heavy demand.