Gwen Stefani won’t be a coach on Season 18 of ‘The Voice’
By Matt Collins Article may include affiliate links
Gwen Stefani has confirmed she won’t be on “The Voice” as a coach for Season 18.
- The show is about two weeks into Season 17, which features Stefani alongside boyfriend Blake Shelton.
- Stefani said she will instead focus on her Las Vegas residency.
- She first joined the show in Season 7 in 2014.
- For Season 8, she was a “part time” adviser, before coming back full time in Season 9.
- Then, Season 10 saw her revert to part time.
- She wasn’t on Season 11, but returned for Season 12 — but then missed Seasons 13 to 16.
- Switching judges between seasons isn’t uncommon in competition shows — with contract negotiations over pay or other projects often causing judges to come and go.
- It’s also not uncommon for previous judges to return later — and Stefani has already shown a willingness to do this.
- TV Industry News
- Broadcast Engineering News
- Broadcast Design News
- TV Talk Shows
- TV Syndication
- TV Advertising
- TV News Jobs
- TV Industry Mergers and Acquisitions
- TV Anchors
- Cable News
- Late Night TV
- TV Syndication News
- Broadcast Industry News
- TV News Drone Journalism
- TV News Augmented Reality
- TV Weather Forecasting
- TV News Journalism
- TV News Ethics
- OTT News
- News About NBC
- News About CBS
- News About ABC
- News About CNN
- News About MSNBC
- News About Fox News