Gwen Stefani won’t be a coach on Season 18 of ‘The Voice’
By Matt Collins Article may include affiliate links
- The show is about two weeks into Season 17, which features Stefani alongside boyfriend Blake Shelton.
- Stefani said she will instead focus on her Las Vegas residency.
- She first joined the show in Season 7 in 2014.
- For Season 8, she was a “part time” adviser, before coming back full time in Season 9.
- Then, Season 10 saw her revert to part time.
- She wasn’t on Season 11, but returned for Season 12 — but then missed Seasons 13 to 16.
- Switching judges between seasons isn’t uncommon in competition shows — with contract negotiations over pay or other projects often causing judges to come and go.
- It’s also not uncommon for previous judges to return later — and Stefani has already shown a willingness to do this.