Jeff Glor to remain at CBS
Former “CBS Evening News” anchor Jeff Glor has signed a deal to remain with CBS News.
- Glor, who was ousted from “Evening News” in favor of Norah O’Donnell, will become co-anchor of “CBS This Morning: Saturday.”
- He will anchor alongside Dana Jacobson and and Michelle Miller.
- In addition, Glor has been named “special correspondent” for the network and will contribute feature and investigative reporting.
- He is also expected to contribute to a regular series appearing cross CBS platforms called “Who We Are” focusing on inspirational stories.
- Glor effectively replaces Anthony Mason on the Saturday edition of “This Morning.”
- Mason, meanwhile, was promoted to co-anchor of the weekday edition of “This Morning.”
- He joined Tony Dokoupil and Gayle King on that show.
- John Dickerson, who replaced Charlie Rose on the morning newscast, is now at “60 Minutes.”
- Norah O’Donnell, who previously anchored “This Morning” alongside King and Dickerson, will replace Glor on “Evening News” later this summer.
- That broadcast, in turn, will relocated to Washington, D.C. in the fall.
- Glor, meanwhile, will be reunited with Brian Applegate, the show’s executive producer.
- The pair worked together at stations in New York state and Boston.