Megyn Kelly lands interview with alleged Amy Robach video leaker
Former NBC and Fox star Megyn Kelly has resurfaced on Instagram with an exclusive interview with the former CBS and ABC employee who was reportedly fired for leaking a video of ABC anchor Amy Robach.
- Kelly’s Instagram account currently has a single post — a video of her teasing the interview.
- “Launching my Instagram with an exclusive interview of the woman just fired after the leak of a hot mic moment by ABC’s @ajrobach. But did ABC News target the right person?” the post reads.
- She also encourages users to follow her account to see the video, which will presumably be posted there later, though it’s not immediately clear when.
- The former network employee allegedly leaked behind the scenes video of Robach complaining about the network nixing her story about Jeffrey Epstein’s alleged sexual misconduct.
- The footage was released publicly by Project Veritas, though it’s not immediately clear if the employee gave it directly to the conservative outlet known for releasing doctored videos or if it made it there via anther route.
- Kelly has remained mostly out of the public eye since she was axed by NBC in October 2018 — and reportedly walking away with the full value of her $69 million contract.
- She did appear on “Tucker Carlson Tonight” earlier this fall.
- Kelly was lured to NBC after a successful run at Fox to host a daytime talk show and Sunday newsmagazine.
- The newsmagazine only aired a handful of episodes before going on hiatus — never to appear again.
- NBC canceled “Megyn Kelly Today” in October 2018 after Kelly made controversial comments about black face on the daytime talker, which never performed well in the ratings.