Former “Extra” co-host Tanika Ray, who lost her job to former “Access Hollywood” host Billy Bush, is speaking out about her departure from the program.
- Ray worked for “Extra” from 2004 to 2009, but then returned to co-host along with Mario Lopez, Renee Bargh and A.J. Calloway.
- However, in December 2018, NBCUniversal Owned Stations announced it would drop the show, with the show moving over to Fox O&Os in most markets.
- Meanwhile, Calloway was facing sexual assault and was suspended, though he has denied all charges.
- Lopez eventually exited for NBCUniversal’s “Access Hollywood.”
- Ray claims that she was given almost no notice of the changes before she eventually lost her job, something “Extra” producers deny.
- Ray also emphasized the opportunity that “Extra” gave her to spotlight African Americans.