Peppa Pig play center coming to Chicagoland mall
After losing one family friendly attraction — Rainforest Cafe — a suburban Chicago mall is set to get the nation’s third “Peppa Pig” play center.
Read full story »
- The Woodfield Mall recently lost the themed restaurant and store Rainforest Cafe after it closed New Year’s Day.
- The 23,000 square foot space will be replaced with the U.S.’s third Peppa Pig play center, based off the British cartoon series centered around a pig of the same name.
- Peppa Pig World of Play is set to open in the summer of 2020 after renovations.
- It will join locations in Texas, Michigan and Shanghai, China, but is expected to feature some elements not found in other centers.
- All told, there will be 14 themed play areas geared at preschool-aged kids.
- Rainforest Cafe had occupied the space for 24 years.