Effective Jan. 8, 2018, the brand “Oath” that served as sort of an umbrella brand for the digital media properties Verizon acquired through its acquisitions of AOL and Yahoo!, will be no more.
- Verizon will rebrand the group as Verizon Media Group.
- Properties that fall under the new name include Yahoo! plus its Mail, Finance, Sports and Play sub-brands.
- The new name will be the new name for the parent company of Tumblr, which Verizon acquired as part of its deal to buy Yahoo!’s assets.
- Huff Post, TechCrunch and AOL is also included the new name.
- It does appear, however, that Verizon is keeping the Oath name for its “Oath Ad Platforms” division.