Another Trump surrogate has piped up with how they think journalism should operate — and it, like, the previous one, is just as ironic.
- Mike Pompeo, who tries to run the State Department, spoke out about how he thinks the media should label “liars.”
- This comes on the heels of Sarah Sanders, Trump’s former press secretary, offering her own advice about injecting opinion into news coverage.
- Speaking at an even in Saudi Arabia told members of the media they should label the Islamic movement Houthis as “the well-known, frequently lying Houthis.”
- He continued to dig the hole by continuing, “Whenever you say “Houthis,” you should begin with ‘the well-known, frequently-known-to-lie Houthis.’ And then you can write whatever it is they say. And you would have — that would be good reporting.”
- At that point, the media gathered laughed — though it’s not immediately clear why.