Univision journalists released, but Venezuelan government kept parts of recorded interview
By MixDex Article may include affiliate links
- The Ramos and his crew have been released, reports BuzzFeed News.
- Ramos was interviewing the country’s embattled president Nicolas Maduro.
- Reports say that Maduro became unhappy with the direction of the interview.
- BuzzFeed reports that Ramos referred to Maduro as a “dictator” and “murderer.”
- At some point during the interview, Maduro put a stop of the session.
- The Univision team was briefly detained and had their equipment confiscated.
- After their release, it appears that at least some of the equipment and portions of the recordings of the interview were not returned.
.@UnivisionNews anchor and report @jorgeramosnews is being detained in Venezuela — reportedly because the president of the country, who he was interviewing, wasn't happy with how the interview went https://t.co/GskYP6sjD4
— TVNewsMix (@TVNewsMix) February 26, 2019