WarnerMedia announces exec shakeup
By The MixDex Wire Article may include affiliate links
WarnerMedia has announced a major shakeup that fills out the executive suite following two notable departures.
- Former NBC entertainment chief Robert Greenblatt will head up the company’s newly formed entertainment unit.
- Greenblatt left NBC in September 2018 after playing a key role in reshaping the network’s programming and boosting ratings.
- Meanwhile, CNN Worldwide exec Jeff Zucker, who is also an NBC alum, will lead the new sports division, which includes Turner Sports, Bleacher Report and AT&T’s Regional Sports Networks.
- Zucker will also maintain his responsibilities for CNN.
- The moves come after longtime HBO head Richard Plepler departed along with Turner head David Levy earlier this year.
- The executive changes were triggered, at least in part, by AT&T’s acquisition of Time Warner, whose main divisions includes HBO, Turner and Warner Bros.