CNN’s Kate Bolduan was reportedly spotted at KNTV, NBC’s owned station in San Fransisco, reports Rich Lieberman.
- It’s not immediately clear when she was spotted or why she would be there.
- Bolduan appeared on CNN from New York Dec. 2 and 3, 2019, so it’s unlikely the visit happened this week.
- It’s not uncommon for anchors or reporters to be spotted at other network or TV station’s offices after meeting with execs about a possible job move — though these talks don’t always result in a hire.
- Bolduan was once a rising star at CNN — but her profile has been reduced over the years.
Bolduan started at CNN in 2007, working as a national correspondent for the network’s affiliate news service, Newsource.
- She also co-anchored “The Situation Room” before joining Chris Cuomo on the network’s new morning show, “New Day,” in 2013.
- In September 2014, Bolduan went on maternity leave — and in January 2015, she was replaced, in a controversial move, by Alisyn Camerota, who had been filling in for her.
- CNN moved her to co-anchor “At This Hour” at 11 a.m. eastern alongside John Berman.
- After Berman moved to “New Day” to replace Cuomo, who switched to primetime, Bolduan has helmed “This Hour” solo.
- She also began hosting “State of America with Kate Bolduan” on CNN International in 2016, but that show was canceled in September 2019.
- Before joining CNN, she worked at WTVD in Raleigh as well as stints at NBC and House & Garden magazine.