Watch this news reporter try to stand in a 112 mph winds
By The MixDex Wire Article may include affiliate links
You know those infamous shots of news reporters standing in hurricane winds? Well, you don’t even need a real hurricane to achieve that.
- NBC News correspondent Kristen Dahlgren traveled to the University of Maryland.
- There, she entered the school’s Glenn L. Martin Wind Tunnel, which is used for a variety of research applications.
- She worked her way up through a tropical storm and Category 1 winds to a Category 3’s 112 mph ones.
- At that point, the university wouldn’t even let her go stay in the tunnel for safety reasons.
- She appeared to be strapped down to the ground and could barely stand up.
- By Category 3 winds, the network also had to subtitle her because of the amount of wind sheer.
- NBC was clear that the clips were a simulation — though an accurate representation of wind speeds.