Why NBC shuffled its exec deck
By Matt Collins Article may include affiliate links
- Under the new organizational structure, Bonnie Hammer will become chairman of a streaming service NBC will launch in 2020.
- Previously, Hammer was chair of NBCUniversal cable entertainment and studios, with responsibility for USA, SyFy, Bravo, E!, Oxygen and Universal Kids as well as production companies UCP and Wilshire Studios.
- As part of the move, Mark Lazarus will become chairman of NBCUniversal broadcast, cable, sports and news.
- This will move NBC News, MSNBC and CNBC under Lazarus’ responsibility.
- Meanwhile, Jeff Shell will be chairman, NBCUniversal film and entertainment.
- Shell will now oversee NBC Entertainment, international and Telemundo in addition to film properties.
- Donna Langley has also been promoted to lead up the Universal Filmed Entertainment Group, which includes the global theatrical distribution and home entertainment units.
- Steve Burke will continue to be CEO of NBCUniversal, the parent company of all of these brands.