MSNBC will host a forum on educational issues with the 2020 democratic presidential candidates.
- “Public Education Forum 2020: Equity and Justice for All” will be held Dec. 14 in Pittsburgh.
- The network has invited all candidates who qualified for the October debate or who currently hold a statewide office.
- So far Former Vice President Joe Biden, Mayor Pete Buttigieg of South Bend, Indiana; billionaire businessman Tom Steyer and Sens. Amy Klobuchar of Minnesota, Bernie Sanders of Vermont and Elizabeth Warren of Massachusetts have accepted.
- Ali Velshi, an anchor for MSNBC and Rehema Ellis, NBC News’ education correspondent will moderate.
- The event will be streamed on NBC News Now, MSNBC.com and NBC News Learn.
- While segments from the forum will be included throughout MSNBC and NBC programming, the event will not air in its entirety on MSNBC or NBC.