Shopify’s decision to pull the Mailchimp for Shopify app from its official app store just days before the busiest shopping season of the year has many scratching their heads.
- Mailchimp’s public relations team put the blame on Shopify: “Unfortunately, Shopify has removed the Mailchimp for Shopify integration from their marketplace, making it unavailable for new downloads. We’re disappointed that Shopify would take this action during the holiday season — the busiest time of year for online sellers,” wrote Mailchimp in a statement.
- Sources inside Shopify say the changes is due to a conflict between the two companies.
- Other sources indicate that an announcement by Mailchimp that it had partnered with Square to create landing pages that let users buy single products triggered the riff.
- Shopify did not respond to request for comment.
- Users who installed and set up the Mailchimp for Shopify app before Nov. 16, will continue to be able to use its features.
- However, any users launching email marketing after that point will not be able to seamlessly integrate with Mailchimp.
Resources SponsoredBluefish444 to demo IngeSTream IP streaming software at NAB Show