Former stars of “The Big Bang Theory” Jim Parsons and Mayim Bialik have gotten a series commitment from Fox for a new comedy project, reports Variety.
- Bialik will star, while Parsons is set to executive produce.
- The show, “Carla,” is based on the British show “Miranda.”
- Bialik will play the titular character, a 39-year-old woman who spends the money her parents saved for her wedding to open a Cat Cafe.
- In the British version, Miranda, played by Miranda Hart, spent her money to open a joke shop.
- The series is set to debut in the fall of 2020.
- Fox won the series after what was reportedly a highly competitive bidding war.
- “Big Bang” wrapped its CBS run earlier this year after 12 seasons.
- The show was recently part of a reported $600 million deal that gave the streaming rights to WarnerMedia’s upcoming HBO Max and extended its syndication run on TBS.